The 21 Best Quotes From "The Lord Of The Rings"
- “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
- “It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish.”
- “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.”
- “Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible, and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works, or of the kinds of writing that they evidently prefer.”
- “Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
- “I want to be a healer, and love all things that grow and are not barren.”
- “All's well that ends better.”
- “I am old, Gandalf. I don't look it, but I am beginning to feel it in my heart of hearts. Well-preserved indeed! Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can't be right. I need a change, or something.”
- “Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
- “Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.”
- “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
- “But in the end it's only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass.”
- “I don’t like anything here at all.” said Frodo, “step or stone, breath or bone. Earth, air and water all seem accursed. But so our path is laid.”
- ““I wonder,” said Frodo, “But I don’t know. And that’s the way of a real tale. Take any one that you’re fond of. You may know, or guess, what kind of a tale it is, happy-ending or sad-ending, but the people in it don’t know. And you don’t want them to.””
- “A hunted man sometimes wearies of distrust and longs for friendship.”
- “It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would rather have stayed there in peace.”
- “The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.”
- “Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
- “Do not scorn pity that is the gift of a gentle heart, Éowyn!”
- “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.”
- The Dark Lord has Nine. But we have One, mightier than they: the White Rider. He has passed through the fire and the abyss, and they shall fear him. We will go where he leads.
One place for all your productivity solutions: